Things to Do in LaGrange, Wild Animal Safari - Pine MountainTM
Wild Animal Safari™, the Nation’s Best Drive-Thru Animal Parks, is your destination for family fun. The Wild Animal Safari – Pine Mountain™ theme park, which is celebrating its 30th Anniversary in 2021, allows family generations to get closer to nature and enjoy a totally unique animal safari adventure. The 300-acre animal safari park is the ideal place to meet incredible and unique animal species while spending quality time with family and friends …generating fond memories that will last a lifetime. The park is packed with scenic views, dozens of animal species, and fantastic, knowledgeable Zookeepers. Thrilling experiences are waiting for you at Wild Animal Safari – Pine Mountain™, the largest Wild Animal Safari park in the southeastern United States.
There are two main attractions in experiencing the Wild Animal Safari -Pine Mountain™ theme park. The Drive-Thru Safari and Walkabout Adventure Zoo™ attractions allow you to meet and feed many wild animals up close and personal. The animals are sociable, and you may be slobbered on if you are too close.
Drive-Thru Safari Using Your Vehicle
Meet hundreds of animals from the comfort of your own vehicle. The Drive-Thru Safari adventure is a 2.5-mile ride that allows you to come face-to-face with more than 75 species of animals on a 250-acre park, which includes American Bison, Watusi, Emus, ostrich, zebras, and hundreds of other wild animals in their natural habitat. This is truly a fun family experience for visitors of all ages.
The Drive-Thru Safari lets you tour the park at your own pace. Being so close to the animals brings out the inner child in all of us, setting the stage for a memorable experience full of laughter and fun for all ages.
- Drive-Thru Safari at your own pace.
- Arrive early to give yourself time to explore the entire park.
- Driving your own vehicle does include some risk; animals do get close to your vehicle.
- Wild Animal Safari™ is not responsible for any damage to vehicles.
- You may feed animals, but only from park purchased feed. Animal diets are specific and important. We want to avoid giving them anything which may cause them harm.
- Up close with the animals.
- Slobbered if you’re too close?
Drive-Thru Safari Vehicle Rental
Don’t feel like driving your own vehicle through the park? Our Safari Vehicle Rentals has you covered. Drive one of our Safari Vehicles through the Drive-Thru Safari park for one hour.
- Safari SUV holds 5-6 Passengers
Please note that anyone who wishes to drive one of our Safari Rental Vehicles must be at least 21 years of age and be a licensed driver. They must also have a valid insurance card at the time of rental.
Drive-Thru Safari Bus With Tour Guide
Hop aboard one of our guided tours and learn about the animals who make their homes in our park. If you have a party of at least 20 people, we highly recommend booking a private tour bus in advance.
- Bus tour is first-come-first-serve.
- The bus tour lasts for about an hour.
- Tour buses have an experienced Safari Tour Guide giving all riders a fun-filled behind the scenes experience.
- Please note that bus tours do not operate year-round.
- Please check the calendar for tour bus operating schedules. The calendar will allow you to plan a bus trip in advance.
- Tour buses are operating at full capacity.
Walkabout Adventure Zoo™
General Admission to the Wild Animal Safari™ park includes admission to both the Drive-Thru Safari and the Walkabout Adventure Zoo™. The Walkabout Adventure Zoo™ allows you to meet the animals in a zoo-like setting. Stretch your legs and make friends with our resident peacocks, exotic birds, lemurs, monkeys, and much more. Admission to the Walkabout Adventure Zoo™ includes access to:
- Acres of Exhibits: The on-foot safari allows let you to meet up to 150 different species of animals. The animals you meet may surprise you.
- Pavilion: The pavilion is home to our Giraffe Feeding Yard and occasional food trucks operated by local businesses.
- Animal Barn: The barn lets you meet more animals up close, include a variety of birds and reptiles. Here is where you can learn more about the many animals that inhabit our world.
- All General Admission tickets include the Walkabout Adventure Zoo™.
- Self-guided, take at your own pace.
- Possible interactions with Wild Animal Safari™ Zookeepers.
- Petting zoo area.
- You may feed some of the animals by visiting specific Animal Feeding Experience exhibits, but only from park purchased feed.
- Up close with the animals. Slobbered if you’re too close.
If you love all things exotic animals, animal encounters are the perfect place to experience and reconnect with the awe of the wild side first hand. Wild Animal Safari offers several unique experiences that educate, engage and create memorable moments between people and animals. Our encounters are up-close experiences that allow guests to enjoy the thrill of wild animals first hand.
Our close encounters inspire participants to take a lifelong interest in conservation and the natural world. But they’re also just plain fun! A perfect opportunity for animal lovers, nature enthusiasts and adventurers.
Wild Animal Safari – Pine Mountain™ has a full indoor airconditioned restaurant serving the highest quality foods including 100% Sirloin Hamburgers, Chicken Tenderloins, 100% Beef Hebrew National™ Hot Dogs, Nacho Platters, Grilled Chicken Sandwiches, succulent Buffalo Wings and Onion Rings, Fresh-made Pizza with par-baked crust, and Fresh made Salads. We serve Coca Cola™ products, giant New York Style Pretzels, Churros, Mayfield™ hand-dipped ice cream, and much more.
The Safari Gift & Souvenirs shop is a wonderful adventure for all ages. There are unique and reasonably priced gifts & souvenirs that appeal to kids, teens, adults, and grandparents. Seek and find all kinds of stuffed plush animals, hoodies, hats, binoculars, toys, t-shirts, jewelry, games, walking sticks, and hard-to-find souvenir “glassware” that does not break.