The Aggieland Wild Animal Safari™ allows you to get closer to nature. Our more than 250-acre park is the ideal place to meet new animal friends while spending quality time with loved ones. The location is packed with scenic views. As if that weren’t enough, we also have many activities for visitors of all ages to enjoy! See what’s waiting for you at “The Serengeti of the South.”
Wild Animal Safari™, the Nation’s Best Drive-Thru Animal Parks, now includes Aggieland Wild Animal Safari™ theme park, known as the Serengeti of the South™, your newest Southeast Texas destination for family fun. Aggieland Wild Animal Safari™ is in the Bryan-College Station area of Southeast Texas, uniquely positioned between Houston, Austin, San Antonio, and Waco. The safari allows you to get closer to nature and enjoy a totally special animal safari adventure. The 250-acre animal safari park is the ideal place to meet incredible and unique animal species while spending quality time with family and friends…generating fond memories lasting a lifetime. The park is packed with scenic views, dozens of animal species, almost 700 wild animals, and fantastic, knowledgeable Zookeepers. Thrilling experiences are waiting for you at the Aggieland Wild Animal Safari™.
There are two main attractions in experiencing the Aggieland Wild Animal Safari™ theme park. The Drive-Thru Safari and Walkabout Adventure Zoo™ attractions allow you to meet and feed many wild animals up close and personal. The animals are sociable, and you may be slobbered on if you are too close.
Meet hundreds of animals from the comfort of your own vehicle. The Drive-Thru Safari adventure is a 2.5-mile ride that allows you to come face-to-face with more than 75 species of animals on a 250-acre park, which includes American Bison, Watusi, Emus, ostrich, zebras, and hundreds of other wild animals in their natural habitat. This is truly a fun family experience for visitors of all ages.
The Drive-Thru Safari lets you tour the park at your own pace. Being so close to the animals brings out the inner child in all of us, setting the stage for a memorable experience full of laughter and fun for all ages.
• Drive-Thru Safari at your own pace.
• Arrive early to give yourself time to explore the entire park.
• Driving your own vehicle does include some risk; animals do get close to your vehicle.
• Wild Animal Safari™ is not responsible for any damage to vehicles.
• You may feed animals, but only from park purchased feed. Animal diets are specific and important. We want to avoid giving them anything which may cause them harm.
• Up close with the animals.
• Slobbered if you’re too close.🙂
Hop aboard one of our guided tours and learn about the animals who make their homes in our park. If you have a party of at least 20 people, we highly recommend booking a private tour bus in advance.
• Bus tour is first-come-first-serve.
• The bus tour lasts for about an hour.
• Tour buses have an experienced Safari Tour Guide giving all riders a fun-filled behind the scenes experience.
• Please note that bus tours do not operate year-round.
• Please check the calendar for tour bus operating schedules. The calendar will allow you to plan a bus trip in advance.
• Tour buses are operating at full capacity.
General Admission to the Wild Animal Safari™ park includes admission to both the Drive-Thru Safari and the Walkabout Adventure Zoo™. The Walkabout Adventure Zoo™ allows you to meet the animals in a zoo-like setting. Stretch your legs and make friends with our resident peacocks, exotic birds, lemurs, monkeys, and much more. Admission to the Walkabout Adventure Zoo™ includes access to:
• Acres of Exhibits: The on-foot safari allows let you to meet up to 150 different species of animals. The animals you meet may surprise you.
• Pavilion: The pavilion is home to our Giraffe Feeding Yard and occasional food trucks operated by local businesses.
• Animal Barn: The barn lets you meet more animals up close, include a variety of birds and reptiles. Here is where you can learn more about the many animals that inhabit our world.
• Playscape: Let your little adventurers explore the playground while you take a breather. The playscape is a great way to burn off some energy to wind down the day.
• All General Admission tickets include the Walkabout Adventure Zoo™.
• Self-guided, take at your own pace.
• Possible interactions with Wild Animal Safari™ Zookeepers.
• Petting zoo area.
• You may feed some of the animals by visiting specific Animal Feeding Experience exhibits, but only from park purchased feed.
• Up close with the animals.
• Slobbered if you’re too close. 🙂
The Wild Animal Safari™ conservation team and education staff can’t wait to meet you. The Zookeepers and Education Team hold private wild animal encounters as an additional paid attraction. Animal Encounters are exclusive experiences that allow you to interact with some of the park’s most popular animals and ask questions from our Zookeepers. These exclusive Animal Encounters should be booked in advance to ensure space is available. Check the website for the schedule of available Animal Encounters, which may are restricted to Monday through Thursday when available. Dates and times are subject to availability and vary by season. The park may work to accommodate special advance requests.
The Aggieland Wild Animal Safari™ serves fresh-made sandwiches from the famous Edge Country Store, which is located 3 miles west of the park entrance. The park serves Coca Cola™ products and various snacks and ice cream bars. The park has a large open covered catering facility for Group and company catered outings with all-you-can-eat brisket dinners or all-you-can-eat breakfast tacos. Contact the park Group Sales Coordinator for additional information.
The Safari Gift & Souvenirs shop is a wonderful adventure for all ages. There are unique and reasonably priced gifts & souvenirs that appeal to kids, teens, adults, and grandparents. Seek and find all kinds of stuffed plush animals, hoodies, hats, binoculars, toys, t-shirts, jewelry, games, walking sticks, and hard-to-find souvenir “glassware” that does not break.
Animal Encounters vary by SEASON and will be offered based on animal availability.
Our animal ambassadors can’t wait to meet you. Animal Encounters are exclusive experiences that allow you to interact with some of the park’s most popular animals and ask questions from the experts.
Please note that all animal encounters are booked at least 3 days in advance. Dates and times are subject to availability, but we will do our best to accommodate your requests. Pricing for this attraction does not include admission to the park. Available encounters may vary by season.
2021 Encounters - Currently Unavailable
Spend some time in the rainforest with our Southern Tamanduas, Pinky and The Brain! This encounter includes 20 minutes of guided personal interaction, feeding, and enrichment activities inside their enclosure.
Encounter Size Limit: Max 3 People per Encounter Time
Other Info: Closed-Toed Shoes and Long Pants Required
REPTILE and AMPHIBIAN ENCOUNTER
Slither into the herpetology world and meet our family of reptiles and amphibians! Participants will assist our Reptile Keepers in routine care duties, take a tour of our off-exhibit Reptile Hallway, and interact with various species.
Encounter Size Limit: Max 2 People per Encounter Time
Contact us to learn more about our attractions. Wild Animal Safari™ of Aggieland is located near Bryan, TX.