Full-time position. Hourly pay dependent on experience ($9.50/hour minimum). Major medical health care plan available after 90 days of employment.
Bachelor’s of science in biology, zoology, or animal-related sciences.
Self-motivated. Cam operate efficiently and safely under little to no supervision.
Previous experience working with exotic animals in protected or no contact environments. Experience in training and operative conditioning a plus.
Creative/problem-solving skills and a positive attitude.
Good physical ability. Can work in all weather conditions and lift up to 50 pounds.
Available to work weekends and holidays.
- Follow correct safety procedures for working with all species and animals.
- All aspects of basic animal husbandry, including cleaning/sanitizing animal enclosures, record keeping, and operative conditioning/training.
- Positive interaction with the public.
- Creating enrichment experiences for the animals.
- Food safety and preparation.
- Administering medication or treatment under veterinary instruction and supervision.
- Maintaining a clean work area and equipment.
- Time management in a high-paced environment.
- Monitoring of behavior for each animal’s mental and physical health.
- Reporting repairs issues to maintenance and management in a timely fashion.
- Safely operating vehicles and small power tools.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or 1300 Oak Grove RD, Pine Mountain, GA 31822. Please indicate in your cover letter that you are applying to the Missouri park.