Candidates applying for the General Maintenance position should possess trade skills in carpentry, plumbing, masonry, and/or electrical work. Experience operating light machinery is a plus (trucks, tractors, generators). Preference will be given to those also possessing skills in welding. This is a full-time, year-round position. Employees hired for this position can expect to get 40+ hours each week.
Basic responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Repairing/maintaining exhibit structures i.e. fences, doors, cables and pulley systems, gates, night houses, and drains.
- Preforms aspects of building maintenance: drywall installation, cabinetry, flooring, plumbing, electrical.
- Outside plumbing winter/summer prep and repair.
- Road maintenance in drive-thru area
- Drainage for storm rainwater throughout park
- Maintain aesthetics of park buildings i.e. painting, hedge trimming, siding/trim work repair, gutter cleanout and repair
- Assist our mechanic with vehicle repairs on occasion
- Work in a safe and time-efficient manner
- Direct/supervise seasonal employees to assist with maintenance duties
- Alert managers to structural hazards
- Two years minimum experience working in construction or industrial maintenance
- Ability to lift up to 100 lbs.
- Valid Georgia driver’s license
- Ability to work in an outdoor environment in all weather conditions
Successful maintenance employees will be self-starters and motivated individuals with the ability to work under little to no supervision. Problem-solving and exercising independent judgement are valuable traits. Experience working around exotic animals or on animal exhibits is an advantage but not required. Salary will be determined by experience, health care benefits included.